The Norwegian Coastal Administration" were leading the construction work of the breakwaters in Berlevåg. The Museum´s main building is a restored stockhouse from around 1950. An old shuttleboat is exhibited in a building of a more recent origin. The boat was used for transportation of people and goods until the dock was finished in 1974. The intention of the Museum is to create interest and knowledge above all about seafaring, fishing and the building of breakwaters in Berlevåg.